Skip to main content

Uncomfortable Situation with Uber


Before I start telling you about my uncomfortable encounter with this one, I would like to let everyone know that just because I had this experience with certain drivers or people in general in the past, it doesn’t mean every driver is like that.
Moving on,
Whenever I go out somewhere such as the other night, I usually just take an Uber going to the location since it’s a lot safer compared to just getting a regular taxi on the streets. With Uber, or any other well-known taxi app, the estimated price range of the trip is already shown on the app and the information’s of the driver is already put together for everyone’s safety.
This one night when my friends invited me to go party with them, I got an Uber. It was alright at first. The driver calls me on the phone to let me know he’s at the location and once I got on, we headed our way to our destination.
First off, I’m a very friendly person. Even to people I don’t know. I don’t really think it’s necessary to make things formal or making it feel a little awkward by being quiet, and I was actually in a good mood that time. I politely asked the driver if he could turn up the music. Eventually, we both started just making conversation. This was a normal thing for me. Talking to drivers was my everyday thing just so the driver doesn’t feel like I’m one of those passengers that are snobs or something. I know that they work a lot, and it gets boring just driving around strangers day and night.
The whole time going to our destination, he started asking me questions and telling me how pretty I was and how I looked like someone on TV. I do find myself as someone attractive and I do appreciate the compliments people give me, but there is a certain point where it tends to be ‘too much for comfort’.
He ended up being persistent about “What if” he was my boyfriend and all, and how I must be a nice person to love (lol). And I keep giving him hints that I’m not interested. I didn’t want to be mean, and even after the multiple reasons I gave him and signs that I’m getting uncomfortable, he still kept going; to the point where he even asked what perfume I was wearing and stuff about my personal life like my past relationships and whatnot.
I wanted to get out of the car, but at the same time I was already late and I didn’t want to look for another taxi when I’m already in a hurry.
It was a very uncomfortable situation and I honestly wish some people would just get the hint when someone just wants them to keep it professional and back off.
Has anyone had a similar experience to mine? Let me know. Maybe you guys have tips to prevent this kind of awkwardness.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty Looks Review

Girls know the struggle of having the hassle to do their eyebrow makeup.  It takes more effort than it looks... Having a steady hand, taking a few minutes to have it on fleek and the frustration to redo it every time we make a mistake.  Since I don't really want to wake up so early every time just to do my makeup, I decided to try out this whole semi-permanent eyebrow thing that has been going viral through social media. Now, I know what you're thinking. This might not be a good idea. People have been saying that once you grow old, that semi tattoo would look bad or something. Honestly, I haven't met anyone who has complained about it, and I've seen quite a few elderly women going to the store and having their eyebrows retouched. And I know it's a little scary to make a decision that would be permanent, but I'm telling you guys right now, I have no regrets and I love what they did with my eyebrows and it takes me barely any effort at all to do them now.