Skip to main content

(NAIA) Ninoy Aquino International Airport

The Manila Airport





Personally, I just feel such a disappointment every time I come here. What I’m talking about is just this place specifically. The thought of some staff members who work here (most of the security guards in terminal 1) tend to be such assholes at times. I do understand that they're doing their job, but there's a proper way to do their job without being a dick about it. This is just a short story, something I would like to share from MY personal experience every time I go to this airport. Whether it's to travel, pick up or drop someone off.

I had to drop off my friend at the airport in Terminal 1. They don't allow people who aren't a passenger to get in, and so I had to wait in the waiting area/lounge area, as they call it. They won't allow you to stand at the entrance and wait for your friend which is honestly bullshit. I was having a hard time contacting my friend, since he didn't have a new number yet, and security wouldn't even help me. They basically keep shooing me off and didn't give a fuck even though I already explained to them what's up. They could have just called my friend to come out, but they didn't do anything at all. I was getting so frustrated, and I tried to keep as calm as possible. It was just bad timing since it's not exactly what you'd like to experience when you're saying goodbyes to someone.

The Philippines could be a nice country if there weren’t people trying to screw each other over....especially to foreigners. I'm a local, but since I'm multiracial, a lot of people always assume I can't speak Tagalog. Anyways, people will charge more—a whole lot more—just because they think they can. It's disrespectful and unfair.



I don't know why there are different prices in some areas for locals and for foreigners. For instance: shooting ranges, salons, and some other activities. It’s not like we’re aliens from outer space - Jesus! Americans or Europeans don’t have different hair follicles. Why do some people charge more for that? It just doesn’t make sense to me.


This can either help you or not, but this is a list I made to give you a heads-up on what to expect.

·  Baggage carts (or whatever you want to call it) – This one time I went to the airport; I was with my German friend. And you know how they react when it comes to people who aren't from the Philippines "ui, may pera yan (Hey, that person has money)"They were charging us the carts outside for 100 pesos. (Take note: There shouldn’t be any charge at all. The carts are free.) It’s not much, so I thought what the heck. I was feeling lazy and we were in a hurry to just check in....But because of our stupidity and the fact we were in a hurry, they told us it's 100 per bag... I realized what happened after we were boarding the plane. So basically, we paid 500 just to let them put all our bags in one cart, and just push the cart for us. So don’t be lazy. Just go inside the airport first. Don’t let some people outside offer you whatever they may be offering, just get a cart yourself.



·  Luggage Claim - When you arrive back in Manila, and you’re trying to look for the luggage claim area, you might get confused. Even saying it’s a “little” unorganized is an understatement. It tends to be scattered, so if you don’t know what’s happening, don’t be shy to ask for assistance. I really hope they fix this in the future.



·  Lighter's - I always forget this because I need a smoke before a flight (don’t judge). Make sure you place your lighter or any liquid products inside your luggage, NOT your carry-ons. If you forget this, you won't be seeing your favourite lighter again.



·  Laptop - I'm sure a lot of people know this already, but I'm also going to add this to the list, just in case. Make sure to put your laptop or anything breakable inside your carry-on. They will require you to remove it from your luggage, so this is just to save you time. Remember, laptops are carry-ons.



·  Pack some chips? - Not a lot of people like food served on the plane, so do what I do. Pack some lunch. Anything simple is fine. Chips, biscuits, or whatever. Just remember, no liquid.



·  Taxi Drivers/ Van's - Don't grab a random taxi. Just don't. If you care about not spending too much, look for a line with a metered taxi. There are a lot of taxi drivers who are assholes. Especially towards people who don’t seem to be familiar with the area. I was charged 2k before just to go back to my place when it usually cost me 400-500 pesos only. So don't do it. If it's possible, get a taxi from the Uber app or GrabTaxi.  I was able to get a taxi from these apps when I was in Terminal 1. It's more convenient and safe. The estimated amount of what you have to pay is already there and the name and plate number of the taxi are listed as well. Can anyone confirm why exactly there is still taxi's like that lurking around the airport? A lot of people are saying it's illegal, but there are still a lot of them in the open and no one is doing anything about it. This is the MAIN problem I have every time I arrive back in Manila—they're always so persistent. So it's hard to tell which taxi driver won't screw you over.



Did I miss anything?
Please let me know so I can add them to my list.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty Looks Review

Girls know the struggle of having the hassle to do their eyebrow makeup.  It takes more effort than it looks... Having a steady hand, taking a few minutes to have it on fleek and the frustration to redo it every time we make a mistake.  Since I don't really want to wake up so early every time just to do my makeup, I decided to try out this whole semi-permanent eyebrow thing that has been going viral through social media. Now, I know what you're thinking. This might not be a good idea. People have been saying that once you grow old, that semi tattoo would look bad or something. Honestly, I haven't met anyone who has complained about it, and I've seen quite a few elderly women going to the store and having their eyebrows retouched. And I know it's a little scary to make a decision that would be permanent, but I'm telling you guys right now, I have no regrets and I love what they did with my eyebrows and it takes me barely any effort at all to do them now.